Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tangled- Part One

Well, as I said, I would show you what my youngest daughter's birthday cake looked like.  She turned 3 in January, and she had to have a

Birthday.

So here it is:



I was pleased with my work at the time, however; nine months later, I feel like I need to up my game.  My challenge is this:  my family really really doesn't like fondant icing.  So everything I used on this cake except for the turret, was homemade butter cream.  The turret was made from rice crispy treats and fondant.  I have searched the Internet and found some fabulous creations that put this puppy to shame.  Check out Laura's creations at the Corner House blog: Emma's Rapunzel Cake.

So I have two weeks to plan my masterpiece.  I think this time I will concentrate on keeping my cakes in the base and a smaller layer in the living quarters, leaving the tower made from a solid material.  I have frozen the turret from January, but I may re do.  If you have any suggestions, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment