Friday, September 2, 2011

My Spooktacular Wreath

Boo. 

My favorite time of the year is here.  I love the Fall Season leading up to Christmas better than any time of the year.  I love the crisp fall air, the smells, the colors in the trees.  

And I absolutely love Halloween.  I love the colors, and the decorations, and helping my children pick their costumes.

So, even though it's just the beginning of September, I got a head start making a new Halloween wreath.  

My friend Alison's sister-in-law from over attheendofthedrive.blogspot.com; made a fantastic wreath, so I decided to give it a try. 

Here are my materials, which ran me about $30 from A.C. Moore.  If you are very thrifty, you could structure your purchases and use a 40% off coupon with each separate purchase.  The sign was $7.99, and the mesh ribbon was $9.99 each, so you get the idea.  I however; am an instant gratification person, so I went for the one time coupon deal, and there you go.


(1) roll of black mesh 2" ribbon, 25yds
(1) roll of orange mesh 2" ribbon, 25 yds
(1)wire wreath, 18"
(2) rolls accent ribbon, your choice of lenght & color
floral wire
sign or other decoration


First, cut 3ft strips of each color of the mesh ribbon. 



Then knot the strips around the wire wreath, alternating the colors.

Next, cut the accent ribbon into approx. 12in. strips, and knot it onto the wreath, in any pattern you prefer. 

The last step is to wire your sign onto the wreath, which I anchored from each side.



Finished Product!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment